CUSTOMS HOUSE – THE PARISIAN FOODIE VILLAGE
Since we threw the very first Bastille Festival celebration in Circular Quay (way back in 2013), Customs House has always been the heart of the Festival, which is why we’ve gathered together all of our favourite French comfort foods in this Festival Village.
At the Parisian Foodie Village, you’ll get to taste all the French favourites, such as:
- Raclette (a traditional cheese from the Alps, melted on top of potatoes, pickles and onion)
- Crepes (cooked right in front of you and served with your choice of sweet or savory toppings)
- Saucisson (a delicious, dry sausage that the French love to eat with butter and bread)
- Fresh baguettes (and all of France’s favourite stinky cheeses)
- Croque-monsieur (slices of fresh bread, filled with ham, cheese and bechamel, and grilled melted Emmental cheese over the top – it’s pretty much a fancy toastie, but don’t ever tell the French that!)
- …and many other tasty delights!
While exploring this Village, you’ll also discover a heap of French vendors, selling everything from French tablecloths, framed and unframed art prints, authentic handmade Laguiole Knives, French and Parisian jewellery, French baskets and other decorative items to bring a little Frenchy chic into your home.
We’re also setting up a big stage in this Festival Village, featuring a variety of musicians, stand-up comedians and even a few theatrical performances from local theatre groups.
Thursday, 11 July 2019: (10am – 11pm)
Friday, 12 July 2019: (10am – 11pm)
Saturday, 13 July 2019: (10am – 11pm)
Sunday, 14 July 2019: (10am – 9pm)