BASTILLE FESTIVAL SYDNEY
In July 2019, the French are returning to Circular Quay and The Rocks to celebrate our 7th Bastille Festival anniversary with you – and this year the party’s going to be even bigger and more Frenchy than ever!
So, dig your beret out of the cupboard and get ready to join us for our 4-day French food, wine and art revolution, the likes of which Sydney has never seen before!
In case you’re not familiar with our event, Bastille Festival Sydney is a free entry, French cultural celebration of food, wine and art, held annually in Sydney’s Circular Quay and The Rocks, from Thursday, 11 July 2019 – Sunday, 14 July 2019.
Join the revolution!
For the 2019 Festival, we’re bringing back all of your French favourites, including:
- Customs House: The Parisian Foodie Village (located in front of Customs House), which is packed with all the traditional French foodie treats, such as raclette, crepes, saucisson, fresh baguettes, soups, croque-monsieur and more.
- Cahill Expressway: The Gourmet Produce Alley (located beneath the Cahill Expressway), is where you’ll find all of the fancy take-home gifts, such as truffles, mustards, French linen, candies and biscuits.
- First Fleet Park (next to the MCA), is home to the Festival’s main entertainment stage. We’ve also curated a selection of our favourite restaurants, who will once again be delivering their specialty dishes, but giving everything a unique French fusion twist.
- Le Mulled Wine Cinema (located on the grassy area in front of the Museum of Contemporary Art) is our intimate outdoor winter cinema that’s returning with all of your French cinema favourites, together with a private, hot mulled wine bar, fresh popcorn and other cinema sweets.
- The Rocks Christmas in July Village (Argyle Street, The Rocks) was so hugely popular last year that we’ve doubled its size and tripled the amount of Christmas decorations and Christmas theming. More French Christmas than you can poke a baguette at!
New for 2019, we’re particularly excited to share this new Village with you:
- OPT: The Family-Friendly French Village (just in front of the Overseas Passenger Terminal) is our family fun village, complete with an absolutely stunning vintage carousel, and a selection of food trucks creating carnival foods that the kids are sure to enjoy.
We told you it was going to be big this year, huh! Très grand !